Monday, January 17, 2011

The Surgeons Came to Visiit

So, the Surgical Team just came in my room this morning to examine the Wound and the Wound Vac. They are very official, traveling in a group, clad in white coats. Anyway, they seem to think I can go home quite soon IF:

1. We can find a home health nurse experienced with the wound vac. who will come to Orcas Island. We're also looking into the possibility of going off-island to do it (about twice per week to Mt.Vernon or Bellingham),but we'll just have to see.

2. I can handle my dressing/wound vac. changes with only oral medication. Hmmmm. I am really going to have to toughen up, and I think I'll get my first chance on Wednesday, when they change it the first time.

In any case, the surgeons were very encouraging, and said things looked really good, so that is very promising. I appreciate all your kind words in response to my last post...I really needed them. If you feel inclined to pray for the two things listed above, please do so in any way. It is much appreciated.

More later as things develop.

6 comments:

  1. Marlo-

    You can do it! I can't imagine the pain that you must endure everytime the doctors come to examine your wound. Don't hesistate to tell your doctors, immediately, if any oral pain medications are not working! I learned that the hard way and after 2 years have finally found one that works and doesn't make me feel like a raving lunatic who could at any moment decide that I can fly, exhibit super human strength or to just lie on my couch staring at the tv and actaully enjoying an episode of Days of Our Lives (not knocking daytime soaps just not my cup of tea)... I love you! Can't wait to see you & Roger at home on Orcas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are almost there!!! Just ask them to give you a stick to bite on or something. I'll be praying for the perfect nurse and for the pain to be manageable. Each day will get better, don't forget. Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news, I too will pray that the right nurse will come in to play, I so wish I was a nurse I would do it in a heart beat.. I also want to let you know I will come over and help with what ever you need I really mean it please let me.. I know it's hard to ask but you will need it and I can help. So when you find out what you need help with and what will work call me.. We love you and our praying things are healing quickly..:) Allison P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marlis so glad that that official crew gave you some good news!
    If you need to come to Bellingham over night we have plenty of room for you all! We'll just move upstairs and give you the main floor.
    I'm sure you will have the perfect nurse for the job on Orcas. I wish I had gone to Nursing school like Lila always wanted...I can come and give you massage. Though not as helpful... it is a really good pain distractor.
    Well if you want I can be your on site massage therapist for a while.
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome news, Marlis. You and your family have been on my mind all the time. You are truly an inspiration and I will pray for the pain you are in to go away. It was so sweet to read about the precious time you got to spend with your family and I am so happy that soon you will be with them all the time. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy every minute we have with our loved ones. xoxo, Macaulay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlis

    So in awe of everything you are going through and overcoming. Such great news about getting to go home soon and seeing your little ones. We've been thinking of you guys and praying for you everyday.
    Amber, Kyle, and Truman

    ReplyDelete